Thursday, February 9, 2012

Deep Throat and Swallow for Maximum Power?


Are all of the Christians who post this kind of stuff really so naive that they cannot sense a double meaning here? Or is this an attempt to Christianize a sexual innuendo? I am legitimately curious. It's a facepalm either way, for the sane. For (Jesus) freaks like myself, it's soul-tingling fetish fuel. (*Shrug* Multiple facepalms < Multiple O's)

Another thing I've always wondered - well, after having left the bubble, anyway - is passionate love for Jesus (you know, the falling on yours knees, screaming and shaking kind) nothing more than an explosion of repressed sexuality?

I grew up Presbyterian with some (southern) Baptist influences within the family, so I am used to a rather boring brand of religious spirituality. It wasn't until escaping the fundie bubble to build a new life that I became a bit more familiar with individuals who seemed to be 'creaming for Christ' as they rambled on, incoherently, about His effect on their spiritual lives.

Then again, perhaps I am merely projecting. After all, it was not long after leaving home that I gave away that pesky special virginity of mine to a sweet young man whose love for me was a beautiful, albeit less perfect (DUH), reflection of Christ's unconditional love for humanity. That's what I told myself, anyway, as I dug my fingernails into his back. Oh wait, no. That's just what I translated those dirty, raunchy thoughts to mean during our reflective cuddle time.

Mmm, sometimes I do miss those kinky little purification lenses!





No comments: